In 2022 Ofsted said we continued to be a “Good” school because ….
- This is a school where pupils, and children in the early years, feel safe and cared for well.
- Leaders have high expectations of what pupils can and should learn.
- Leaders have equally high expectations of pupils’ behaviour.
- Leaders have designed an ambitious curriculum, which provides pupils with the knowledge and skills that they need to achieve well, both academically and socially.
- Leaders have robust systems to identify those pupils who may have SEND.
- Leaders provide a range of opportunities to support pupils’ personal development.
- The arrangements for safeguarding are effective.
Our area for development is:
In a small number of subjects, teachers do not use leaders’ assessment systems well enough to check on pupils’ learning. This hinders how well some pupils learn. Leaders should ensure that teachers are supported well to use assessment systems to address any gaps in pupils’ learning.