Safeguarding of children is paramount to all that we do.
If you have a concern about a child you can report it here. You should contact the school or the Local Authortiy if you feel that:
- A child needs protection (if you feel that a child is suffering harm, neglect, or abuse, we can investigate and act to protect the child).
- A family is under stress: we can offer support and advice and help families access support from other services.
- A child is seriously ill or disabled: we can arrange an assessment of the child’s and families needs and provide support.
Remember, your call could mean the start of getting the right help to a family and may even save a child’s life.
To contact the local authority:
- Monday – Thursday: 8.30am – 5pm
- Friday: 8.30am – 4.30pm
- Telephone: 0300 123 7047
- Monday – Thursday: 4.30 pm – 8.30 am
- Friday: From 4pm and 24 hours at weekends and bank holidays
- Telephone: Emergency Duty Team (out of hours) on 01244 977277
If someone is in immediate danger dial 999.
SAFEGUARDING TEAM LEADS
Mrs Davies, Mrs Grimster, Mrs Goold and Mrs Hopwood.
If a child makes a disclosure inform a member of staff immediately.
All disclosures should be passed to a member of the safeguarding team.
Any concerns about a member of staff should be told immediately to Mrs Davies or Mrs Grimster.
If you would like to reward a child (e.g. for good reading) the class teacher has stickers. Please do not give other items to children such as sweets (for both safeguarding and allergy reasons).
For any concerns about the leadership of the school speak to Mrs Boyle, Chair of Governors –
IN CASE OF FIRE
Make your way to the nearest exit with the children in your care.
Close fire doors behind you.
Children line up on the playground in their classes (class numbers on playground near pagoda)
Volunteers stand with their class.
Wait until the Head or School Business Manager say it is safe to return into the building.
Click here for our Safeguarding Policy Safeguarding Policy 2022